Monday, May 14, 2012

Business and Miscellany

This has been a landmark week in Get A Grip World.  I officially exist as a limited liability corporation.  I spent some time pondering what the name of my empire will be (I sometimes think in terms of Oprah...).  I wanted it to have significance, and to evoke a sense of expectation and curiosity.

I am Galore LTD.  Isn't that fabulous?  What's better than galore?  There's never a galore quantity of something bad (unless it's being described sarcastically, and I get that, because I speak sarcasm).  Galore means there's more to come so you better keep your fork.  A synonym for "galore" is "a-go-go" and I don't think it gets more awesome than that.  Galore is abundance.  Galore is having enough to share.

Galore is also my favorite album by The Cure.  I mean, I know it's a greatest hits compilation, but it's SO great!  Just Like Heaven?  Possibly the best song ever written.  I remember being at a party in the early 90s, and they played this song and EVERYBODY sang along and it was just joyous.  That right there?  Total galore.

ANYWAY.  I've always loved the idea of galore, and when it occurred to me that Galore could be to me like Harpo is to Oprah (again, I think big), I knew it was right.  It felt right.  I didn't even have to ask if it was stupid (do you ever do that? have what you think is a great idea and then tell someone about it with the qualifier "is that stupid?" Me too.) because it fit.  So there we are.  Galore.

In other news, I have a newsletter that is getting rave reviews!  You can sign up for it over there---> in the sidebar, up at the very top.  It's weekly, so you don't have to worry about suddenly getting a million emails from me.  It's utterly spam-free.  It's readable in five minutes or less, and it has links to fabulous things that you won't find here.  It's the Friday Huddle-Up, and I'd love it if you gave it a spin.  No pressure.  Well, not much pressure.  You can always unsubscribe and I won't hold it against you (for long...).

Here's to Galore!  Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for Galore! And hooray for the FABULOUS Friday Huddle-Up too! What, pray tell, would be the best way to share that newsletter with all of my Huddle-Seeking friends??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you asked! You can just forward the Huddle-Up to them, or you can give them the link to the blog or you can post http://bit.ly/fridayhuddleup to your Facebook page and it will link them directly to the form! Spread the word!

      Delete