I'm not a big believer in gadgets. I'm not an early adopter of new technology. I exist within the same time and space that you do, which means that I only have 24 hours every day and a limited amount of places to put my worldly goods. Stuff that enters my time and space needs to earn its keep, and these five things work overtime for me.
- White Vinegar: This is amazing stuff. A.MAZ.ING. I cook with it. I clean with it. I do laundry with it. If I could marry it, I would.
- Substitute half a cup for fabric softener. SERIOUSLY. Do it. White Vinegar plus Oxi-Clean equals perfect laundry.
- Fill a spray bottle with equal parts white vinegar and plain old Dawn dishsoap. You'll never buy Windex again.
- Need a surface cleaner? I got this great idea at Little Brick Ranch Get a jar, put orange rinds in it (clean them off very well), fill with white vinegar, and seal. For 2 weeks or so, shake the jar every day. Then, strain it through some cheesecloth (or whatever you have, really) into a new, clean jar. That's your starter; leave it in the cupboard. Get a spray bottle, fill with 3 parts water to 1 part orangey vinegar. Boom.
- Did you cook something three days ago, and your kitchen still stinks? Get a cereal bowl, fill with white vinegar, put it on the counter. The vinegar will absorb the odor. FOR REAL.
I've justthisminute decided to start a new series called "Five Things". Every now and then, I'm going to rock your world with five things that I love that I think you might love too. This is Installment #1 :)